The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of St. George's.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or being abused or presents a risk to others, please talk to the Vicar or Parish Safeguarding Officer, seek advice from the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor of if appropriate, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Service or the Police without delay.
- The Vicar - Revd. Canon Mandy Carr - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01732 463291
- Parish Safeguarding Officer - Elizabeth Miller - email@example.com or 01732 465169
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser - Greg Barry/ Claire Langridge - Greg.Barry@rochester.anglican.org or Claire Langridge@rochester.anglican.org 01634 560000
As a church, we are commited to:
- Promoting a safe environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsiility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/ survivors of abuse or other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concern/ allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
St. George's PCC operates under the guidelines laid down by the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults. The PCC adopts the policy annually and receives regular updates.
Our 'Promoting A Safer Church Action Plan' includes the following principles:
- To raise awareness of Safeguarding with the PCC and whole church congregation by displaying information on our website, posters and notices as well as promoting Safeguarding issues at PCC meetings, the APCM and at other appropriate meetings.
- To ensure that we are up to date with the adoption of all relevant polices regarding Safegurading and Safer Recruiting.
- To ensure that all relevant SAfeguarding and Safer Recruitig training courses are undertaken.
- To aim to comply with all recommended good practice in all Safeguarding and Safer Recruiting issues.
Local and National Agencies/Charities
- Police (non-emergency) - 101
- Children's Social Services Duty Team - 08458 247102
- Kenty Couny Council Central Referral (Concerned about an adult) - 03000 416161 Outside office hours 03000 419191. (Concerned about a child) - 03000 411111 Outside office hours - 03000 419191
- NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
- Childline - 0800 1111
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) - 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans - 116 123
- Thirtyone: eight (formerly CPAS an independent Christian charity) - 0303 003 111
- Family Lives (offers support in all aspects of family life) - 0808 800 2222
- Action on Elder Abuse - 0808 8808 8141
- Domestic Abuse Volunteer Support Services (DAVSS) Helpline 01892 570538
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0808 2000 247